Thursday, January 13, 2011

A new project scale

For X-mas I got a series of 54mm home casting molds. They are US Army and Middle Eastern opposition. The gaming potential for these is rather obvious. But I was thinking about doing some army vs zeds in this scale as well.
Can anyone suggest some very large zombies? Looking for 54mm or 1/32 scale.
My first thought was to hit the dollar store for some cheap plastic figures and just zed them out. Depending on costs I may just go this route anyways.

Here is a quick pic of the test casts I made with a WF zombie next to them for scale.

4 comments:

  1. Good grief they're huge, I think picking up generic 54mm and zeding them up will be the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are rather large are they not?
    I had some "54mm Classic Toy Soldier" molds I got off Ebay about a year ago and thought I knew what to expect from these. But these guys tower over the "Toy Soldiers" I had cast.
    What is nice is that the heads are cast seperate from the body. That allows me to get a little more variaty out of the dozen poses.

    Once I get the casting details worked out and replace one of the molds (the SAW gunner mold had some problems) I plan to offer up casting for sale. I am looking at probably $6 per figure or 4 man fire teams for $20. The opposition will also be offered for the same $6 each or teams of 4 for $20. Though with the constant increase in metal prices I may have to go $7 and $25. But will wait and see where prices are once I am ready to start selling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm........maybe they would make good Book ends ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure they have the weight for that... close, but not quite. :)

    ReplyDelete